From 24th January 2022 the Scottish Government have updated their Covid19 guidance.
We have therefore revisited our hut management and lettings approach ensuring that we continue to comply with the new duty placed upon operators – based upon the updated level of threat posed by the Omicron Covid19 variant.
The immediate changes affect:
- The Risk Assessments required by accommodation operators including the SMC – and these continue to be kept under review.
Until further notice, from 01 February going forward:
- The custodians may reduce the numbers in the huts, to allow more room for hut users.
- To reduce risk to other hut users we would recommend that a Lateral Flow Tests taken by all hut users on day of travel to the Hut.
- All hut users will require to 'check-in' using the QR Codes that we will set up for each of the Huts. This utilises the track and trace facility provided by Scot Gov System. There is 4G availability in the immediate vicinity of all the huts.
- During a stay at the hut, there will be advice about hygiene, cleanliness, ventilation, etc, all of which should be followed. Masks remain optional in hostel accommodation.
- The person booking the visit will be required to confirm compliance for the group.
The SMC will review this position regularly and will update and communicate any modifications though our website.