From Monday 17th May, the Lagangarbh Hut will reopen only for SMC members and their household inline with Scottish Government regulation and guidance from MS and the BMC. On booking, SMC members will be required to provide track and trace details and will be sent information about hut usage during this period. We hope to open the huts to non-members as soon as we are able.
Lagangarbh Hut is situated north of Buachaille Etive Mor near the River Coupall. It is owned by the National Trust for Scotland and has been occupied and maintained by the Club since 1946. It was extensively refurbished in 1994.
Parking for the hut depends on the state of the track leading off south from the A82 at Altnafeadh. If this track is not navigable by car, park in the layby on the opposite (north) side of the A82. Follow the track to the River Coupall, take the footbridge and follow the subsequent path -briefly- to the hut.
Applications to stay at the hut or the barn should be addressed to the Honorary Custodian: Bernard Swan
The hut was originally a crofting home, typically with central entrance hall and stairs ahead, two rooms up and down, left and right. The roofing is still the local Ballachulish slate which covered much of Scottish housing. The walls are of thick stone, built to withstand the battering of gales. The Club planted a shelter belt of trees to the west, from whence roar in the prevailing south-westerlies.
This availability calendar is not updated in real-time so is indicative only. Enquires to stay in the hut must always be made
in advance by contacting the custodian who will also be able to advise on minimum group size.